Having taken the past 2 1/2 months or so to transition into a new job, a new house, a new town, and a new ministry, I am ready to re-enter the Land of Blog. If I have retained any readers in my absence, I thank you for your patience!
I re-enter with a new approach to this blog. As before, I will attempt to be thought-provoking, entertaining, and informative. But my greatest desire is simply to be the catalyst for discussion that can benefit everyone that visits here. In other words, I want you to comment! I will interact with the comments. I envision the comments being just as thought-provoking, entertaining, and informative as the posts themselves, if not moreso.
I am also going to try to blog in a generally organized way. I repeat ... I will TRY. I will try to post according to the following general pattern:
- Mondays -- Media (Music, Movies, TV, Books, etc.)
- Tuesdays -- Politics/Current Events (Politics and I have a love/hate relationship. I hate it, but I'm fascinated by it. I'll probably do a lot of venting on Tuesdays)
- Wednesdays -- The Web (I think I'm addicted to web surfing. So until I conquer that addiction, I will try to prevent others from becoming addicts like me. I will do this by pointing you only to the best that I have come across in my surfing. I weed out all the crap, you just enjoy the gold.)
- Thursdays -- Theology & Churchy Things. I admit it, this subject will probably be the most frequent encroacher on the appointed topics of other days. But come on, its pretty much my life, so what do you expect.
- Fridays -- Family (Stuff about my two families: the one I sleep with and the one I worship with)
So welcome back, me! And thanks for sticking around, you! Tell your friends, proclaim it from on high, Planned Spontaneity is back! We can all smile again!
Now, let me catch you up with ten random things from my hiatus:
10. Remember the baby on the cover of Nirvana's Nevermind album? He's 17 now. Yep, you're THAT old.
9. I have now been working for three weeks in Customer Service at the Wells Branch MUD.8. I now live in Leander.
8. This guy should be the next President. You'll be hearing more about him in the future. 7. Still working on my thesis. You may notice a preoccupation with Walter Scott and the Stone-Campbell movement.
6. I bought a piano! That might not mean much to you, but its a big deal for me.
5. I'm late to get on the bandwagon, but I'm now a big fan of Craigslist. So far I have a piano and an entertainment center courtesy of Mr. Craig and his list.
4. I am about to begin a new ministry and join a new family at the Pond Springs Church of Christ in Northwest Austin. I will be handling a lot of their outreach efforts. I have never been more excited about joining a church before!
3. During my hiatus, I experienced my first instrumental worship services and my first liturgical service (Episcopal). Both services were a blessing in their own ways. I hate it that I was alienated from the good that they have to offer for so long.
2. I'm famous now ... kinda. I got quoted!
1. I honestly believe that, in spite of myself, I have the best family that anyone could dream of.